Terms & Conditions ben
Terms and Conditions
Accent Language Holidays
- Accommodation fee is calculated from the first night of arrival until the day of departure. This is normally from Sunday (arrival) to Saturday (departure).
- Upon receipt of application form you will be sent an invoice of which a 25% non-refundable deposit must be paid to secure the place. The remaining balance must be paid 4 weeks prior to student’s arrival.
- All bank charges to be borne by the client. All payments must be nett of bank charges.
- Payments by credit card: please call the office on +44 1481 714909 to speak to our staff. We accept all major credit / debit cards except for American Express. Please note however, there is an additional charge of 2% for credit card payments.
- BACS Payments in STERLING to: Accent Languages Ltd, NatWest Bank plc, St Peter Port, Guernsey. Sort code: 60-09-20 Account No. 74460056 IBAN: GB49NWBK60092074460056 BIC: RBOSGGSX ALL BANK CHARGES MUST BE BORNE BY SENDER.
- Cancellations within 30 days of arrival date are liable to 50% of the total cost.
- All activities and programmes are subject to change and Accent reserves the right to cancel or modify the programme where necessary.
- Students must be with their Host Families by 10.00pm at the very latest and only with written consent from the parents.
- Insurance: although we do our best to ensure an enjoyable and safe stay for all of our students, no insurance cover is provided by Accent or the Host Families. Therefore, for their own wellbeing, we insist that students (under 18) provide a copy of a valid Travel Insurance Policy which covers Health, Accidents, Luggage and possessions etc. for the duration of their stay. A copy of the Travel Insurance Policy must be submitted to Accent prior to arrival.
- Photographs may be taken during activities sessions for promotional material and on our website. If you do not wish for photos to be used for this purpose, please let the activity leader or our office staff know as soon as possible.
- Any issues, disputes, or complaints must be raised by either the student or student’s parent/guardian during the stay so that we may attempt to rectify the issue. No refund or compensation will be given to any issue being raised after student’s departure.
- At no time are students allowed to smoke cigarettes, take drugs, or consume alcohol during their stay. Guernsey law dictates that no person under the age of 18 may buy cigarettes or alcohol. Anyone found to be breaking the law is liable to be sent home immediately at their own expense/at the expense of the parents.
Accent Language School
- Payment must be made in full for all language tuition prior to commencement of any course, at least 24 hours before the due start – discounts apply only if full payment prior to the course has been received
- Private and semi-private students – 24 hours’ notice is required when cancelling/postponing a lesson or full charge will apply
- Group lesson students – no refund is available on group classes.
- We may take photos and/or videos for the website or printed materials. Please advise us if you do not wish for us to do this for you or your child.