Language Facts and Figures
Did you know?
- There are over 200 languages spoken in Europe
- 24 official EU languages
- Approximately 60 regional/minority languages
- European Commission is one of the largest interpretation institutions in the world with over 1750 linguists and 3000 freelance interpreters
- 77% of EU citizens start learning English in Primary School
- Many languages have over 50,000 words but most people only use about 100 of those in everyday conversation
- In London there are 300 languages spoken
Accent Language School Open Day
24th September 2016 – 2pm to 5pm
Accent will be celebrating this event with a special Open Day at our Head Office in Commercial Arcade, St Peter Port on Saturday 24th September.
Throughout the year we like to open our doors to the general public to promote language learning to the residents of Guernsey.
Year on year Accent continues to strive to offer more language classes tailored to suit our customer’s needs and promote them to local people.
We also offer other services such as After School Club, Holiday Clubs, Study Language Breaks abroad, corporate services, and more.
Language Taster Sessions
Accent will be running taster sessions in the following languages:
So come along and see us on 24th September and enjoy some Italian wine and French cheese, look around our facilities and find out what opportunities we have on offer to learn a language for children, adults and businesses for personal and professional development.